Planned by Dr. David; Executed by Tip Top Travel and Service Co. Ltd
This quality tour in northern Thailand includes the best sights, activities, and attractions of Chiang Mai and Pai, to allow you the best use of the time spent in these locations; the tour is planned and designed to provide you with the best attractions and activities in these wonderful areas, including a delightful stay in quality resorts in each location.
♦♦♦ This luxury tour is completely private and its route is tentative – you can customize every aspect and adapt every component of the tour plan to better suit your needs and wishes, and create the ultimate, extensive tour – tailor made just for you!
FYI: All TipTop private luxury tours in northern Thailand include an overnight stay at a high-quality hotel in Chiang Mai on the night that precedes the tour, including transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Our private tours in northern Thailand are designed to provide our travelers with an exciting experience of the authentic north and introduce them to its beautiful, unseen and non-commercialized side while straying away from the redundant crowded routes that are packed full of tourists. We enable our travelers to explore the north with the same high standards that characterize the rest of our tours throughout Thailand, across its other regions.
TIME OF THE YEAR: July – March; requires pre-order.
TOUR TIMELINE FOR EACH DAY: The estimated departure time to begin the daily activity is 8:30 AM; the estimated time to conclude it is 5:00 PM or later – if evening activities are included in the daily tour plan.
The luxury private tour includes a fully equipped VIP van, manned by professional drivers, Accommodation is provided in 5-star hotels (where such exist) or in the best hotels/resorts available along the tour route, delicious lunches in hand-picked restaurants and free choice from their menus, including a free supply of soft-drinks and fruit- shakes. Experienced tour guides which were carefully chosen by us, personal supervision and daily accompaniment by yours truly. Tiptop Travelers will also receive special offers and discounts for exceptional, high quality hotels across Bangkok and in various resort sites. In addition, we are happy to lend our travelers cellular phones so they can keep in touch with me throughout their entire visit to Thailand, for any assistance, guidance and direction they may need.
This luxury tour is completely private and its route is tentative – you can customize every component of the tour plan to better suit your needs and wishes, and create the ultimate extensive tour – tailor made just for you!
Day 1: Departure
We will start the tour by visiting Doi Suthep temple – a very impressive site, overlooking the city of Chiang Mai, and one of the most sacred temples in northern Thailand. The temple is very close to the Suthep mountain top, some 15 km west of Chiang Mai. A winding road will bring you to the foot of the temple; from there, it’s possible to climb up 300 stairs (if you insist) – but fear not – we will use an elevator/cable car which will take you up to the highest level where the temple is located.
The place is recommended to temple lovers AND those who aren’t temple enthusiasts. The visit in this beautiful, colorful site – including an overview of the city Chiang Mai- will appeal to kids and adults alike.
Our next activity for the day will be a fun 20-minute tour in a bicycle rickshaw, across the old city of Chiang Mai. Our tour will conclude in the famous temple of Wat Chedi Luang, and after the visit there, we will head to lunch in a lovely restaurant we’ve handpicked for your pleasure (you’ll have a free choice from the menu including soft drinks and fruit-shakes in all our lunch meals throughout the tour).
After the delicious lunch, we will visit the artist villages and the handicraft centers near Chiang Mai. We will check out the famous paper umbrellas factories and explore the process of silk production and weave throughout – from the silkworms to the processing, coloring, and weaving of the silk. You can see the artists as they work, buy small souvenirs and ask them to decorate your bags, purses and even smartphones.
Towards the end of the first day, a special, sweet surprise will be waiting for you!
At night: a tour in the famous night bazaar of Chiang Mai, and in case this tour day takes place on a Sunday/Wednesday, I recommend you take the evening tour through the Walking Street, accompanied by our tour guide of course.
Overnight stay: at the same quality hotel that you have picked for the previous night (that preceded the tour).
We will dedicate this day for Doi Inthanon, the most famous national park in northern Thailand. Our visit to the park will begin with an easy, comfortable walking track of 2 hours, which suits couples, groups, and families with young children. The walk passes along the beautiful Pha Dok Siew waterfall, with its 10 levels, in the rich, lush nature of the area. The track ends in an authentic village of mountain tribes, where you can experience traditional coffee making and of course, have a taste.
*You can learn more about Doi Inthanon and the walking track including a clip I’ve taken on site in the following article => click the link.
Next, we will visit “the king’s project” and enjoy a lovely lunch in a handpicked restaurant (free choice from the menu including soft drinks and fruit-shakes in all our lunch meals throughout the tour). Then, we will visit the king and queen’s pagodas – a marvelous area with 2 spectacular pagodas that were built to honor the king and queen’s birthdays, with a lovely garden that stretches between them.
Our visit to the national park is yet to end, and so, we will drive up to the top of Doi Inthanon mountain – the highest mountain in Thailand – which towers to a staggering height of 2,565 meters (don’t forget warm clothes in the winter time) for a short tour at the mountain top and some pictures which capture the experience. We will also visit Wachiratann waterfall and stop by an authentic local market.
Lodging: at the same quality hotel that you have picked for the previous night (that preceded the tour).
We will start off our day by driving to the unique and beautiful Buathong waterfall, where you can climb up thanks to their pastiness, which made them famous as “the sticky waterfall”
♦ In certain seasons, and after prior coordination (for an additional cost), you may integrate abseiling as part of your visit. You can learn more about abseiling, and watch a clip I’ve taken on site in the following article => click the link.
Next, we will take a short drive to Mae Taeng area, where we will stop at a lovely restaurant for a delicious lunch in a beautiful natural setting. After lunch, an ATV tour awaits us in the beautiful local setting, and once we finish it, we will check in a lovely resort in the area
♥ The resort features a large pool and an excellent restaurant with western food and even pizza (dinners are not included in the tour price).
This day will be dedicated to more fun activities in the area. In the morning, we will venture for a rafting experience on the Mae Taeng river which flows around, and then enjoy a safe, quality zip line activity, which goes across the river.
♦ You can watch a clip I’ve taken on site in the following link=> click here
Following the activity, I highly recommend visiting a spectacular temple, that appears as though it was taken from a Disney feature (kids will also adore it) – Wat Ban Den. If you are tired, you can head back to the lovely resort, enjoy the swimming pool and get some rest.
♥ Lodging will take place in the same resort as in the previous night.
FYI: for those who like positive, beneficial activities with elephants – there is an option for an extra day (with an extra charge) which will be dedicated to the program “being Mahout for a day”, where each traveler cares for an elephant for a day; feeding it, bathing with it, enjoying a nature track (without a bench!). Lunch will be provided as an outdoor picnic in the natural surroundings.
To watch a clip of the elephant experience, which I’ve taken on site, “Mahout for a day” => click the link.
This day marks the shift from the lovely Mae Taeng area, as we move on to the nearby district of Pai, where our first stop will be Chiang Dao cave – a complex of some 1000 caves that are connected to one another. The cave chain stretches underneath a mountain chain along with some 120 km with multiple passes and halls, that only few of them are open to the public. In fact, only 5 caves are open for a visit; 2 of them are lit so it is possible to explore them on your own, and 3 others are dark and require a local guide to lead the way with a flashlight. The next attraction for the day is Tha Ton temple – a highly impressive temple on a high hill that overlooks the entire area spread beneath. We will also visit a small town on the banks of Kok river, and after lunch, head to the city of Chiang Rai where our next attraction awaits – the White Temple, which stands out as a piece of art.
At the end of our visit there, we will check in a 5-star hotel in the city of Chiang Rai on the riverbanks.
In the evening: we will explore Chiang Rai’s Walking Street, which is far more pleasant than Chiang Mai’s night bazaar.
♥ Lodging: in a 5-star hotel in Chiang Rai.
The final day of our tour will begin in the lovely Singha Park or the Black House – as you wish. From then on, we will head to Chiang Rai mountains area and the famous Mae Salong pass. We will explore the local market and observe the impressive landscapes. A short drive will get us to one of the farms of the tea plantations – in my opinion, the best in Chiang Rai area. We will take in the lovely sights of the tea plantations on the hillsides and enjoy our lunch in the lovely local restaurant.
The last attraction to seal the day is the lovely Doi Tongg (the Queen’s Gardens), spectacular, beautifully adorned gardens to feast your eyes on, and finish the tour on a high note.
Concluding the tour: in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai – according to your choice.
FYI: As I’ve mentioned, for those who like positive activities with elephants – you are more than welcome to add an extra day to the tour (for an extra charge) to partake in the program “being Mahout for a day”, where each traveler cares for an elephant for a day; feeding it, bathing with it, enjoying a nature track (without a bench!). During this day, lunch will be provided as an outdoor picnic in the natural surroundings.
To watch a clip of the unique elephant experience “Mahot for a day”, which I’ve taken on site, => click the link.
- A representative of Tiptop-Travel Private Family Adventure Tours will welcome you immediately as you land in Bangkok, and assist you in the first couple of minutes, following your arrival
- A personal meeting with us will be held in Bangkok prior to the extensive tour; We will provide you with assistance and guidance in every matter
- We equip our travelers with all they need for the tour (free, no charge) – big towels, waterproof bags for the cruises, rain coats, first aid kits and more.
- Personal supervision and guidance by me throughout the entire tour – we are happy to lend our travelers cellular phones so they can keep in touch with me throughout their entire visit to Thailand.
- Personal assistance provided by us throughout your entire visit to Thailand – from the minute you land until the moment you take off on your way back home.
- Opportunity to receive various bonuses designed exclusively for our travelers, such as special offers and discounts in excellent hotels, assistance in transportation and additional advantages.
A professional driver and VIP van
- All of Tip-Top Travel’s private luxury tours are carried out in a VIP van, for your comfort, ease, and pleasure.
- The VIP van – a 9-seat vehicle, where each traveler’s seat is wide, comfortable and adjustable. The innovative vehicle is well equipped with advanced audio and video (LCD) systems, which allow you to watch movies during the ride.
- We recommend bringing your favorite movies from home, and particularly kids’ shows/films.
- Cold water and moist towels (available in the van)
- A professional driver
- 5 star hotels (where such exist) and the best resorts available in each area
Tour-guide and Activities
- Certified, English speaking tour-guide (good English level; certificate of the Tourism Authority of Thailand), personally handpicked by yours truly
- All the activities that are detailed in the tour plan, including ATV field-trips **excluding zipline in Krabi
- Admission fees to all the sites, national parks, and reserves in the tour plan including Vana Nava – the best and newest water park in Thailand (if you choose a day-tour through Hua Hin which includes the water park)
- Private boats for all cruising activities including a private speedboat for a full day in Krabi ** excluding the cruising and snorkeling day in Chumphon area
Breakfast And Lunch
- Breakfast in every day of the tour (included in the high quality hotels and resorts along the tour route)
- Lunch in every day of the tour (carefully picked restaurants and free choice from their menus including fish and sea-food, soft drinks and fruit-shakes. Excluding alcoholic beverages)
- Dinners are not included in the tour price, but if you’d like, our lovely tour guide will be happy to take you (in the comfortable van) to a recommended local restaurant, and assist you in choosing your dish